Black Friday 2023 – The Malta Chamber of SMEs Launches Platform for 2023 to Promote Malta’s Black Friday Deals
21 November 2023
Visit www.blackfridaymalta.eu for the latest Black Friday offers in Malta. The Malta Chamber of SMEs...
The pressure on agricultural income is expected to continue as farmers are facing more risks, a slowdown in productivity and a margin squeeze due to rising input prices; there is therefore a need to maintain income support and to reinforce instruments to better manage risks and respond to crisis situations.
A strong agriculture is vital for the EU food industry and global food security. At the same time, agriculture and rural areas are being called upon to step up their efforts to meet the ambitious climate and energy targets and biodiversity strategy that are part of the Europe 2020 agenda.
The Commission proposal for the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) for 2014-2020 (the MFF proposal) sets the budgetary framework and main orientations for the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). On this basis, the Commission presents a set of regulations laying down the legislative framework for the CAP in the period 2014-2020:
– Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing common rules for direct support schemes for farmers under the common agricultural policy and repealing Regulation (EC) No 73/2009 (the direct payments regulation);
– Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a common organisation of the market in agricultural products (the Single CMO regulation);
– Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) (the rural development regulation);
– Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the financing, management and monitoring of the common agricultural policy (the horizontal regulation);
– Proposal for a Council regulation determining measures on fixing certain aids and refunds related to the common organization of the market in agricultural products;
– Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Council Regulation (EC) No 73/2009 as regards the application of transitional measures in respect of the year 2013;
– Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council modifying Regulation (EC) No 1234/2007 establishing a common organization of agricultural markets and on specific provisions for certain agricultural products (Single CMO Regulation) as regards the regime of the single payment scheme and support to vine-growers.
The current reform proposals are based on the Communication on the CAP towards 20201 that outlined broad policy options in order to respond to the future challenges for agriculture and rural areas and to meet the objectives set for the CAP.
A Consultation Session is going to be held :
Date: Thursday, 3rd May 2012
Venue: MEUSAC, 280, Republic Street, Valletta
The Malta Chamber of SMEs represents over 7,000 members from over 90 different sectors which in their majority are either small or medium sized companies, and such issues like the one we're experiencing right now, it's important to be united. Malta Chamber of SMEs offers a number of different services tailored to its members' individual requirements' and necessities. These range from general services offered to all members to more individual & bespoke services catered for specific requirements.
A membership with Malta Chamber of SMEs will guarantee that you are constantly updated and informed with different opportunities which will directly benefit your business and help you grow. It also entails you to a number of services which in their majority are free of charge and offered exclusively to its members (in their majority all free of charge).