Research & Innovation grant scheme launched; benefit from up to €120,000
09 April 2021
The Energy and Water Agency has launched the 2021 Call for Proposals for R&I Projects in...
Advertising and promotion of Tobacco Products Regulation, 2010 L.N. 344 of 2010
GRTU has received information that the Regulation mentioned above had been published in the Government Gazette on 2nd July 2010 as Legal Notice 344 of 2010. You may wish to particularly note the following:
The use of colour photographs and other illustrations as Health Warnings on Tobacco Packages Regulations, 2009-Legal Notice 302 of 2009
Please note the following clarification:
1. All cigarette packages as defined both under LN 202 of 2004 (Labelling of Tobacco Products Regulations), and LN 302 of 2009 (The use of Colour photographs and other illustrations as Health Warnings on Tobacco Packages Regulations), which are placed on the market on and after 27th April, 2011 should include the combined warning while for other products the date of entry into force is the 27th October 2011.
2. Primarily you may wish to note that in terms of Regulation 4(2) of LN 302 of 2009, the pictorials that should be used for products found on the local market are only those listed in schedule II of these regulations and these are to be combined with the additional health warnings as per schedule in Regulation 4(3) of LN 202 of 2004 in the format indicated in schedule I of LN 302 of 2009 and size as per Regulation 4 of the same LN.
3. You are also being reminded that the combined warnings which as already indicated are to be obtained only from schedule II shall be rotated at least once a year and it is therefore in your interest to keep documentation to this effect.
4. You are also required to ensure that the health warnings in terms of regulation 4 in the size and format indicated in Regulation 5 & 6 respectively of LN 202/2004 are to be included on the other most visible surface of the cigarette/tobacco packages.
5. Furthermore please be informed that we were notified about change in the telephone number that is to be used in the health warnings as per schedule in LN 202 of 2004. Please note that the new telephone number is to read 80073333. For this reason you are to ensure that packages of cigarettes and other tobacco products which are placed on the market on the dates as indicated above are to include this number where necessary.
The Malta Chamber of SMEs represents over 7,000 members from over 90 different sectors which in their majority are either small or medium sized companies, and such issues like the one we're experiencing right now, it's important to be united. Malta Chamber of SMEs offers a number of different services tailored to its members' individual requirements' and necessities. These range from general services offered to all members to more individual & bespoke services catered for specific requirements.
A membership with Malta Chamber of SMEs will guarantee that you are constantly updated and informed with different opportunities which will directly benefit your business and help you grow. It also entails you to a number of services which in their majority are free of charge and offered exclusively to its members (in their majority all free of charge).