Fabian Demicoli

Phasing out of incandescent light bulbs

 On the 17th of February, the European Parliament's Environment Committee and energy experts from all EU countries approved a proposal by the European Commission to gradually replace incandescent light bulbs. 

Old fashioned and energy inefficient light bulbs will be phased out for a new generation of bulbs that consume 75% less energy.  This means that the wasteful bulbs will disappear from shops between 2009 and 2012. 

Traditional light bulbs are wasteful of energy with just 5% of the electricity going into the production of light and the other 95% producing heat.  These bulbs are now considered a luxury, given the pressing issue of climate change and the EU's stated goal of a 20% cut in CO2 emissions by 2020. 

Source: MEUSAC Environment Committee

What we can do for you

INFORMATION POINT

BUSINESS SERVICES

MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

LOCAL ISSUES & LEGISLATION

B2B NETWORKING EVENTS

LEGAL ADVICE

FUNDING ASSISTANCE

COURSES

BECOME A MEMBER

The Malta Chamber of SMEs represents over 7,000 members from over 90 different sectors which in their majority are either small or medium sized companies, and such issues like the one we're experiencing right now, it's important to be united. Malta Chamber of SMEs offers a number of different services tailored to its members' individual requirements' and necessities. These range from general services offered to all members to more individual & bespoke services catered for specific requirements.

A membership with Malta Chamber of SMEs will guarantee that you are constantly updated and informed with different opportunities which will directly benefit your business and help you grow. It also entails you to a number of services which in their majority are free of charge and offered exclusively to its members (in their majority all free of charge).